Mountain lion spotted in Portola Valley area
A mountain lion was spotted Friday night in San Mateo County's Portola Valley area, the office of emergency services announced Saturday morning.
The animal was seen in the vicinity of 1407 Portola Road at about 9:30 p.m.
Residents are advised not to approach mountain lions, and to try to appear large and make noise if one is nearby. The cats are most active at dawn, dusk and at night.
For more information about mountain lions, visit www.keepmewild.org.
animal, portola valley, san mateo county, peninsula news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos