Mountain lion spotted in Portola Valley area
A mountain lion was spotted Friday night in San Mateo County's Portola Valley area, the office of emergency services announced Saturday morning.
The animal was seen in the vicinity of 1407 Portola Road at about 9:30 p.m.
Residents are advised not to approach mountain lions, and to try to appear large and make noise if one is nearby. The cats are most active at dawn, dusk and at night.
For more information about mountain lions, visit www.keepmewild.org.
animal, portola valley, san mateo county, peninsula news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 7 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos