Portola Valley teens return home safe
PORTOLA VALLEY, CA -- A 15-year-old Palo Alto girl and her 12-year-old boyfriend from Portola Valley returned home safe this afternoon after being reported missing Thursday, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Emily Schubert and Benjamin Duncan Chilton returned to their respective homes today in good health and uninjured, according to the sheriff's office.
The two were reported missing after Chilton's parents went to wake him up for school Thursday morning and he was not there.
Chilton apparently left with Schubert overnight, and friends had said they were headed to the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco.
Chilton returned home at about 2 p.m. today. He had been missing on his own accord, according to the sheriff's office.
missing person, portola valley, peninsula news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos