Portola Valley teens return home safe
PORTOLA VALLEY, CA -- A 15-year-old Palo Alto girl and her 12-year-old boyfriend from Portola Valley returned home safe this afternoon after being reported missing Thursday, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Emily Schubert and Benjamin Duncan Chilton returned to their respective homes today in good health and uninjured, according to the sheriff's office.
The two were reported missing after Chilton's parents went to wake him up for school Thursday morning and he was not there.
Chilton apparently left with Schubert overnight, and friends had said they were headed to the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco.
Chilton returned home at about 2 p.m. today. He had been missing on his own accord, according to the sheriff's office.
missing person, portola valley, peninsula news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 12 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
46 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
12 min ago