2 mountain lions sightings in 2 days in San Mateo Co.
MILLBRAE, CA -- San Mateo County officials are alerting Millbrae residents of two separate mountain lion sightings within city limits this week.
One cougar was seen near the 400 block of Helen Drive at around 2:45 a.m. Thursday, according to county officials, and another sighting was reported Wednesday a few blocks away near the 1200 block of Hillcrest Boulevard.
County officials recommend that anyone who encounters a mountain lion should face the animal and make noise or throw objects, as they typically avoid confrontation. Residents are also advised to avoid hiking or jogging during dawn, dusk and at night, when mountain lions are most active, and to keep a close watch on small children.
animal, millbrae, peninsula news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 11 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday