2 mountain lions sightings in 2 days in San Mateo Co.
MILLBRAE, CA -- San Mateo County officials are alerting Millbrae residents of two separate mountain lion sightings within city limits this week.
One cougar was seen near the 400 block of Helen Drive at around 2:45 a.m. Thursday, according to county officials, and another sighting was reported Wednesday a few blocks away near the 1200 block of Hillcrest Boulevard.
County officials recommend that anyone who encounters a mountain lion should face the animal and make noise or throw objects, as they typically avoid confrontation. Residents are also advised to avoid hiking or jogging during dawn, dusk and at night, when mountain lions are most active, and to keep a close watch on small children.
animal, millbrae, peninsula news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday