2 mountain lions sightings in 2 days in San Mateo Co.
MILLBRAE, CA -- San Mateo County officials are alerting Millbrae residents of two separate mountain lion sightings within city limits this week.
One cougar was seen near the 400 block of Helen Drive at around 2:45 a.m. Thursday, according to county officials, and another sighting was reported Wednesday a few blocks away near the 1200 block of Hillcrest Boulevard.
County officials recommend that anyone who encounters a mountain lion should face the animal and make noise or throw objects, as they typically avoid confrontation. Residents are also advised to avoid hiking or jogging during dawn, dusk and at night, when mountain lions are most active, and to keep a close watch on small children.
animal, millbrae, peninsula news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday