Arraignment postponed for Hillsborough murder suspect
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- Arraignment was postponed today for a 30-year-old Hillsborough man accused of shooting a longtime friend to death Tuesday night.
The arraignment and plea for Bradley Kleiman in San Mateo County Superior Court were postponed until July 13 at his attorney's request.
Kleiman is accused of fatally shooting Christopher Calvache, a San Francisco man who was visiting Kleiman at his home at 100 De Salba Road in Hillsborough at about 6 p.m. Tuesday.
At the time of the shooting, both Kleiman and Calvache were in the pool house where Kleiman lives, which is detached from the main home occupied by Kleiman's parents, Hillsborough police Capt. Mark O'Connor said.
Police received a 911 call from Kleiman at 6:05 p.m. Kleiman told police he had shot Calvache after Calvache pulled a gun on him, O'Connor said.
But when officers arrived, they found only one gun, according to O'Connor.
Calvache was pronounced dead at the scene. Kleiman was arrested on suspicion of murder and booked into San Mateo County jail.
At today's hearing, Kleiman was ordered held on no bail.
crime, hillsborough, peninsula news
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 10 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 8 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting 4 min ago
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion