Arraignment postponed for Hillsborough murder suspect
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- Arraignment was postponed today for a 30-year-old Hillsborough man accused of shooting a longtime friend to death Tuesday night.
The arraignment and plea for Bradley Kleiman in San Mateo County Superior Court were postponed until July 13 at his attorney's request.
Kleiman is accused of fatally shooting Christopher Calvache, a San Francisco man who was visiting Kleiman at his home at 100 De Salba Road in Hillsborough at about 6 p.m. Tuesday.
At the time of the shooting, both Kleiman and Calvache were in the pool house where Kleiman lives, which is detached from the main home occupied by Kleiman's parents, Hillsborough police Capt. Mark O'Connor said.
Police received a 911 call from Kleiman at 6:05 p.m. Kleiman told police he had shot Calvache after Calvache pulled a gun on him, O'Connor said.
But when officers arrived, they found only one gun, according to O'Connor.
Calvache was pronounced dead at the scene. Kleiman was arrested on suspicion of murder and booked into San Mateo County jail.
At today's hearing, Kleiman was ordered held on no bail.
crime, hillsborough, peninsula news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch 6 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos