Arraignment postponed for Hillsborough murder suspect
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- Arraignment was postponed today for a 30-year-old Hillsborough man accused of shooting a longtime friend to death Tuesday night.
The arraignment and plea for Bradley Kleiman in San Mateo County Superior Court were postponed until July 13 at his attorney's request.
Kleiman is accused of fatally shooting Christopher Calvache, a San Francisco man who was visiting Kleiman at his home at 100 De Salba Road in Hillsborough at about 6 p.m. Tuesday.
At the time of the shooting, both Kleiman and Calvache were in the pool house where Kleiman lives, which is detached from the main home occupied by Kleiman's parents, Hillsborough police Capt. Mark O'Connor said.
Police received a 911 call from Kleiman at 6:05 p.m. Kleiman told police he had shot Calvache after Calvache pulled a gun on him, O'Connor said.
But when officers arrived, they found only one gun, according to O'Connor.
Calvache was pronounced dead at the scene. Kleiman was arrested on suspicion of murder and booked into San Mateo County jail.
At today's hearing, Kleiman was ordered held on no bail.
crime, hillsborough, peninsula news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 49 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 9 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 9 min ago