Arraignment postponed for Hillsborough murder suspect
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- Arraignment was postponed today for a 30-year-old Hillsborough man accused of shooting a longtime friend to death Tuesday night.
The arraignment and plea for Bradley Kleiman in San Mateo County Superior Court were postponed until July 13 at his attorney's request.
Kleiman is accused of fatally shooting Christopher Calvache, a San Francisco man who was visiting Kleiman at his home at 100 De Salba Road in Hillsborough at about 6 p.m. Tuesday.
At the time of the shooting, both Kleiman and Calvache were in the pool house where Kleiman lives, which is detached from the main home occupied by Kleiman's parents, Hillsborough police Capt. Mark O'Connor said.
Police received a 911 call from Kleiman at 6:05 p.m. Kleiman told police he had shot Calvache after Calvache pulled a gun on him, O'Connor said.
But when officers arrived, they found only one gun, according to O'Connor.
Calvache was pronounced dead at the scene. Kleiman was arrested on suspicion of murder and booked into San Mateo County jail.
At today's hearing, Kleiman was ordered held on no bail.
crime, hillsborough, peninsula news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...