Hillsborough man arrested for bank robbery
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- A 25-year-old Hillsborough man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of robbing a Wells Fargo bank in Redwood City last month after residents saw his picture in a newspaper and contacted police.
In the robbery, a man entered the bank, located inside a Safeway store at the Sequoia Station, at about 11:30 a.m. on June 23 and handed a teller a note demanding money, Redwood City police said.
The teller gave the man an undisclosed amount of money and he ran away on foot, according to police.
Officers later released an image of the robber, and several people recognized him after seeing his picture in a local newspaper and identified him as Zazzara, police said.
He was taken into custody without incident at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday and booked into San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Redwood City Police Department at (650) 780-7120.
hillsborough, redwood city, crime, peninsula news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 35 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- BART board meets over error in union contract 6 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos