Hillsborough man arrested for bank robbery
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- A 25-year-old Hillsborough man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of robbing a Wells Fargo bank in Redwood City last month after residents saw his picture in a newspaper and contacted police.
In the robbery, a man entered the bank, located inside a Safeway store at the Sequoia Station, at about 11:30 a.m. on June 23 and handed a teller a note demanding money, Redwood City police said.
The teller gave the man an undisclosed amount of money and he ran away on foot, according to police.
Officers later released an image of the robber, and several people recognized him after seeing his picture in a local newspaper and identified him as Zazzara, police said.
He was taken into custody without incident at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday and booked into San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Redwood City Police Department at (650) 780-7120.
hillsborough, redwood city, crime, peninsula news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 32 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday