Two men shot during Foster City altercation
FOSTER CITY, CA -- Two men were shot during an altercation outside an apartment complex in Foster City late Friday night, police said.
The shooting was reported at about 11:50 p.m. in the 600 block of Catamaran Street. Officers arrived to find two men, a 30-year-old and 31-year-old, suffering from gunshot wounds in the parking lot of the Beach Cove Apartments.
The victims were taken to a local hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
Before the shooting, the two victims and three females were launching small boats into a nearby lagoon and were laughing when one of the boats capsized, according to police.
Jesse Wilson, 39, came out of a nearby apartment and yelled at the victims to be quiet. The victims said they lived in the area, at which time Wilson pointed a gun at the victims, police said.
Both men struggled with Wilson, and during the confrontation, each victim was shot once.
One of the men was eventually able to wrestle the gun away from Wilson and ran into the parking lot where officers had responded.
After the shooting, Wilson was determined to be in an apartment at the complex. Officers spoke to him on the phone and convinced him to come out of the apartment and be taken into custody.
Wilson suffered multiple facial injuries due to the struggle with the victims. He was admitted to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries, according to police.
The shooting remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Foster City police at (650) 286-3300 or a tip line at (650) 286-3323.
foster city, shooting, peninsula news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body