2 suspects wanted after man killed in Millbrae
MILLBRAE, CA -- A 20-year-old man was killed in the area of Mills High School in Millbrae late Wednesday night and police are searching for two suspects in the apparent murder.
At about 11:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a possible homicide at the school, located at 400 Murchison Drive.
Officers arrived and found the victim suffering from multiple wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Kirk Black, spokesman for the San Mateo Union High School District, said the victim was apparently stabbed near the on-campus tennis courts. He said the tennis courts abut a public skate park and bicycle path that is a gathering place for youth.
Black said he does not know if the death occurred on school property or just off it.
Investigators say there were witnesses to the killing and are conducting interviews this morning.
The suspects are two men. One is described as a Samoan male about 18 or 19 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 130 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a white T-shirt, black shorts and low-top shoes.
The other suspect is described as a Pacific Islander man between 22 and 23 years old, 6 feet 1 inch tall and 180 pounds with a muscular build.
He had a black beard and was wearing a beanie, a vest and black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, basketball shoes, and was carrying a backpack, according to police.
The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of his family.
Black said police have cordoned off the area this morning to conduct their investigation. He said the incident is not affecting the school, which is out for the summer. Classes are scheduled to resume Aug. 16.
millbrae, crime, peninsula news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos