2 suspects wanted after man killed in Millbrae
MILLBRAE, CA -- A 20-year-old man was killed in the area of Mills High School in Millbrae late Wednesday night and police are searching for two suspects in the apparent murder.
At about 11:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a possible homicide at the school, located at 400 Murchison Drive.
Officers arrived and found the victim suffering from multiple wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Kirk Black, spokesman for the San Mateo Union High School District, said the victim was apparently stabbed near the on-campus tennis courts. He said the tennis courts abut a public skate park and bicycle path that is a gathering place for youth.
Black said he does not know if the death occurred on school property or just off it.
Investigators say there were witnesses to the killing and are conducting interviews this morning.
The suspects are two men. One is described as a Samoan male about 18 or 19 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 130 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a white T-shirt, black shorts and low-top shoes.
The other suspect is described as a Pacific Islander man between 22 and 23 years old, 6 feet 1 inch tall and 180 pounds with a muscular build.
He had a black beard and was wearing a beanie, a vest and black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, basketball shoes, and was carrying a backpack, according to police.
The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of his family.
Black said police have cordoned off the area this morning to conduct their investigation. He said the incident is not affecting the school, which is out for the summer. Classes are scheduled to resume Aug. 16.
millbrae, crime, peninsula news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire