84-year-old Hillsborough woman found safe
HILLSBOROUGH -- An 84-year-old woman who was reported missing in Hillsborough Friday afternoon was found early this morning in a dry creek bed, police said.
Joyce Albera, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, had reportedly wandered away from her home at some point Friday.
Police sent out an alert about Albera's disappearance Friday, and a resident living nearby reported seeing her that afternoon.
Search teams focused on the area near where she lives and eventually found her shortly before 1 a.m. in a dry creek bed off of Warmwood Way, according to police.
Albera is alive, police said, but information on her condition was not immediately available this morning.
missing person, hillsborough, san mateo county, peninsula news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 9 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 24 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 44 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday