Redwood Shores Lagoon open again
REDWOOD SHORES (KGO) -- On Wednesday health officials lifted their advisory at the Redwood Shores Lagoon.
People were being told the stay away from the water after 50,000 gallons of raw sewage spilled into the lagoon two weeks ago.
The problems were compounded when a small plane crashed into the lagoon last week, spilling more fuel into the water.
Now the San Mateo County Environmental Health Department reopened the lagoon to swimmers and boaters.
san carlos, foster city, peninsula news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos