San Bruno donation information
SAN BRUNO, CA (KGO) -- There are plenty of ways people can help victims of the San Bruno explosion and fire.
Financial donations can be made through the Red Cross Bay Area website.
Financial donations can also be made through the District 5150 Rotary International website.
A memorial fund has been opened for the family of Jacqueline and Janessa Greigs.The account number is not required to make a donation.
The Greig Family Memorial
C/O Bank of the West
295 Bush St
San Francisco, CA 94104
The American Red Cross and the San Bruno Recreation Center are now saying they have enough donations and are not accepting any more goods. They are encouraging people to donate goods to the Salvation Army.
Those wishing to give their time, volunteer opportunities will be made available through California Volunteers.
The Salvation Army is still accepting donations of clothing and furniture at six locations in the Bay Area. Families displaced by yesterday's catastrophe will have an opportunity to select the goods that best fit their needs from donations collected at those six locations, in combination with Salvation Army Family Thrift Store inventory. Those locations are:
Salvation Army Family Thrift Store - 1500 Valencia (at Cesar Chavez)
Salvation Army Family Thrift Store - 3921 Geary Blvd. (at 4th )
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO
Salvation Army Family Thrift Store - 1170 S. Mission Road
Salvation Army Donation Drop Box - 409 South Spruce Avenue (in parking lot)
Salvation Army Family Thrift Store - 300 El Camino Real
Salvation Army Donation Drop Box - 3 Serramonte Center (in Serremonte Center parking lot)
Red Cross Bay Area
Red Cross Bay Area on Facebook
The Lions Club of San Pablo has set up a fund to help fire victims with 100 percent of the money going to victims.
Send Checks to:
San Bruno Lions Club
PO Box 242
San Bruno, CA 94066
(Reference "fire" on check)
Blood donation information
Local hospitals have enough blood now for all the victims of this fire. But the blood centers need the universal Type O negative blood in the days ahead. They urge you the wait until next week to donate.
Blood Centers of the Pacific
Red Cross Blood Donation
San Jose Donor Center
2731 N First Street
San Jose, CA 95134
Stanford Blood Center
san bruno fire, millbrae, san mateo, san bruno, san mateo county, fire, evacuation, peninsula news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 24 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 25 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos