Millbrae gas leak briefly shuts down El Camino
MILBRAE, CA (KGO) -- A section of El Camino Real in Millbrae was briefly shut down Wednesday evening after a construction crew struck a gas line.
Traffic was stopped between Millbrae Avenue and Victoria Street after a crew hit a 2-inch gas line. Nearby businesses were also evacuated for a short time.
The incident was reported just before 6 p.m. Millbrae Fire, San Mateo County Fire and PG&E responded. The line was capped at 7:06 p.m.
PG&E has called in a welder to make a final repair. The section of pipe will not need to be replaced.
millbrae, gas leak, PG&E, peninsula news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area 24 min ago
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
30 min ago