Mountain lions spotted near Pescadero
PESCADERO, Calif. -- Two small mountain lions were seen in the San Mateo County community of Pescadero Thursday morning, the fourth time a sighting has been reported in the area since the end of September, county officials said.
The two young mountain lions were seen on a ridge behind Pescadero Elementary School at 620 North St. at around 8:45 a.m., according to the county's Office of Emergency Services.
At 8 a.m. Wednesday, a mountain lion was seen in the same vicinity, San Mateo County sheriff Lt. Ray Lunny said.
Additional sightings were reported in the area on Oct. 8 and Sept. 24, also at around 8 a.m.
County officials were considering launching an education or outreach program with the state Department of Fish & Game, Lunny said.
No injuries or attacks have been reported.
The community of Pescadero is in a remote, rural area in a southwest part of San Mateo County.
mountain lion sighting, peninsula news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 9 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 28 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 56 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos