Mountain lions spotted near Pescadero
PESCADERO, Calif. -- Two small mountain lions were seen in the San Mateo County community of Pescadero Thursday morning, the fourth time a sighting has been reported in the area since the end of September, county officials said.
The two young mountain lions were seen on a ridge behind Pescadero Elementary School at 620 North St. at around 8:45 a.m., according to the county's Office of Emergency Services.
At 8 a.m. Wednesday, a mountain lion was seen in the same vicinity, San Mateo County sheriff Lt. Ray Lunny said.
Additional sightings were reported in the area on Oct. 8 and Sept. 24, also at around 8 a.m.
County officials were considering launching an education or outreach program with the state Department of Fish & Game, Lunny said.
No injuries or attacks have been reported.
The community of Pescadero is in a remote, rural area in a southwest part of San Mateo County.
mountain lion sighting, peninsula news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 12 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 17 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos