Pedestrian killed in Atherton car crash
ATHERTON, Calif. -- A person was killed in Atherton this morning when a vehicle apparently hit a pedestrian, police said.
The crash was reported at about 6:15 a.m. on El Camino Real, also known as state Highway 82, said John Mattes, communications supervisor for the Atherton Police Department.
Mattes did not have any details about the victim or what caused the crash.
El Camino Real is blocked between Atherton and Encinal avenues due to the investigation into the crash, Mattes said. He said the road is expected to be blocked until at least 10:30 a.m.
atherton, car crash, peninsula news
- Amber Alert issued for child from Long Beach 2 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd