Pedestrian killed in Atherton car crash
ATHERTON, Calif. -- A person was killed in Atherton this morning when a vehicle apparently hit a pedestrian, police said.
The crash was reported at about 6:15 a.m. on El Camino Real, also known as state Highway 82, said John Mattes, communications supervisor for the Atherton Police Department.
Mattes did not have any details about the victim or what caused the crash.
El Camino Real is blocked between Atherton and Encinal avenues due to the investigation into the crash, Mattes said. He said the road is expected to be blocked until at least 10:30 a.m.
atherton, car crash, peninsula news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges 16 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday 28 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos