85-year-old man fatally struck in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- An elderly man who was fatally struck by a vehicle in San Mateo Thursday night has been identified by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office as Charles Bolt.
Bolt, 85, of Burlingame, was killed in the crash, which was reported at about 7:55 p.m. Thursday on East 25th Avenue between El Camino Real and the Caltrain tracks, San Mateo police Sgt. Dave Norris said.
Bolt was taken to a hospital in Santa Clara County where he succumbed to his injuries a few hours later.
The 58-year-old woman who was driving the SUV that struck the man stopped at the scene of the crash and is cooperating with investigators, Norris said.
No arrests or citations were issued at the scene.
Investigators believe Bolt had just parked his vehicle on the north side of East 25th Avenue and was crossing the street outside of the marked crosswalk when he was struck.
Norris did not know where Bolt may have been headed, but said there are some retail stores in that area.
The Police Department's traffic personnel are continuing to investigate the crash and will report their findings to the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office.
san mateo county, car crash, peninsula news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville 11 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Czech police: Palo Alto man suspected in 4 murders
- New details released in police officers' murders
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban 51 min ago
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd 28 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
17 min ago