85-year-old man fatally struck in San Mateo
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- An elderly man who was fatally struck by a vehicle in San Mateo Thursday night has been identified by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office as Charles Bolt.
Bolt, 85, of Burlingame, was killed in the crash, which was reported at about 7:55 p.m. Thursday on East 25th Avenue between El Camino Real and the Caltrain tracks, San Mateo police Sgt. Dave Norris said.
Bolt was taken to a hospital in Santa Clara County where he succumbed to his injuries a few hours later.
The 58-year-old woman who was driving the SUV that struck the man stopped at the scene of the crash and is cooperating with investigators, Norris said.
No arrests or citations were issued at the scene.
Investigators believe Bolt had just parked his vehicle on the north side of East 25th Avenue and was crossing the street outside of the marked crosswalk when he was struck.
Norris did not know where Bolt may have been headed, but said there are some retail stores in that area.
The Police Department's traffic personnel are continuing to investigate the crash and will report their findings to the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office.
san mateo county, car crash, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 9 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
5 min ago