Hazmat crews declare Daly City apartment safe
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- One building of the Westlake Village Apartments was evacuated Friday after residents reported a caustic odor.
The San Mateo County Hazmat team took air samples and declared the area safe.
A resident first reported the odor to the Daly City fire department. When fire crews arrived on scene, they decided it was best to evacuate the building where the odor originated.
Two residents were treated at the scene for throat irritation.
daly city, evacuation, hazmat, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 22 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
22 min ago