Hazmat crews declare Daly City apartment safe
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- One building of the Westlake Village Apartments was evacuated Friday after residents reported a caustic odor.
The San Mateo County Hazmat team took air samples and declared the area safe.
A resident first reported the odor to the Daly City fire department. When fire crews arrived on scene, they decided it was best to evacuate the building where the odor originated.
Two residents were treated at the scene for throat irritation.
daly city, evacuation, hazmat, peninsula news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- 'Selfie' section added to Apple's iTunes App Store
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House 53 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos