All clear given after Millbrae gas line break
MILLBRAE, Calif. -- A gas leak prompted authorities to issue a shelter-in-place warning for a Millbrae elementary school this afternoon.
At approximately 12:30 p.m., the Millbrae Fire Department called the school notifying them of a nearby gas leak.
"We were told that the leak was just around the corner and were instructed to stay put until they call again," a woman answering the phone at Spring Valley Elementary School said.
The school, located just northwest of the leak on Pinon Avenue, complied and students and staff sheltered in place within minutes, she said.
As of 1:48 p.m., authorities had called to assure school officials that all was clear, and classes had returned to normal.
PG&E spokesman Matt Nauman said the gas leak interrupted service to a home at 815 Pinon Ave.
"It seems as if some city crews out here working on Pinon (Avenue) hit a service line," Nauman said. "It only affected one customer."
A service line is a three-quarter-inch pipe that delivers gas to individual homes, according to Nauman.
PG&E technicians have been called to the scene, Nauman said.
"We've got a hole in the street here and are looking to get this wrapped up as soon as we can," he said.
gas leak, millbrae, PG&E, peninsula news
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 41 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 39 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 21 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
38 min ago