Bicyclist killed in collision with big-rig
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. -- A 47-year-old woman was killed in unincorporated San Mateo County near Portola Valley Thursday afternoon when she was hit on her bicycle by a big-rig, the California Highway Patrol said.
Lauren Perdriau Ward was riding on Alpine Road at northbound Interstate Highway 280 when she was hit at about 3:40 p.m., the CHP said.
She was hit by an 18-wheeler and was trapped under the big-rig, according to initial reports.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call Officer K. Nielsen at (650) 369-6261.
san mateo county, car crash, I-280, peninsula news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 33 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 20 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 7 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
1 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
33 min ago