Bicyclist killed in collision with big-rig
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. -- A 47-year-old woman was killed in unincorporated San Mateo County near Portola Valley Thursday afternoon when she was hit on her bicycle by a big-rig, the California Highway Patrol said.
Lauren Perdriau Ward was riding on Alpine Road at northbound Interstate Highway 280 when she was hit at about 3:40 p.m., the CHP said.
She was hit by an 18-wheeler and was trapped under the big-rig, according to initial reports.
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call Officer K. Nielsen at (650) 369-6261.
san mateo county, car crash, I-280, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire