Meeting held over San Bruno fire lawsuits
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An important step is underway in the legal battle over September's deadly San Bruno pipeline explosion and fire.
Attorneys representing the residents who have sued the utility are meeting to discuss consolidating their cases. The gathering comes in advance of a meeting Thursday afternoon with PG&E's lawyers on the same issue.
At least 35 separate lawsuits from eight firms have been filed against PG&E in connection with the disaster, which killed eight people and destroyed or seriously damaged 55 homes.
san bruno, san mateo county, san francisco county, san bruno fire, PG&E, energy, fire, fire safety, gas leak, peninsula news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 27 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- I-Team obtains San Quentin crisis videos 17 min ago
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday