CHP says cyclist at fault in fatal collision
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- CHP investigators now say a crash that killed a 47-year-old woman last month in San Mateo County was caused by an unsafe turn she made before colliding with a big rig.
According to ABC7 media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, Lauren Ward from Los Altos Hills died after the big rig hit her bike on Alpine Road near Interstate 280 on November 4.
It was the third fatal crash the truck's driver was involved in, but officials ruled at least two of those were not the big rig driver's fault.
CHP, bikes, car crash, san mateo county, los altos hills, peninsula news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos