Pedestrian killed by SamTrans in Palo Alto
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A woman was struck and killed by a San Mateo County Transit District bus in Palo Alto on Thursday. morning, police said.
The bus hit the woman at about 10:30 a.m. as it was going south on Webster Street toward University Avenue, according to police.
She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her name is being withheld pending notification of her family, police said.
The bus driver was taken to Kaiser Permanente in Redwood City to be treated for hypertension, police said. Two passengers were on the bus at the time.
Police said University Avenue will be closed in both directions between Middlefield Road and Cowper Street until about 3:30 p.m. while Palo Alto police and the San Mateo County sheriff's Transit Police Bureau investigate.
samtrans, palo alto, peninsula news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case