Mountain lion sighted Tuesday night in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted in Woodside Tuesday night in the hills above Interstate Highway 280, emergency officials said.
The big cat was seen at about 8:20 p.m. in the vicinity of Albion Avenue and Olive Hill Lane.
Residents are advised not to approach mountain lions, and should avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk, and night, hen the animals are most active.
If a mountain lion is encountered, emergency officials advise residents to try to appear large and make noise.
More information about mountain lions can be found at www.keepmewild.org.
animal, mountain lion sighting, woodside, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights 22 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's 15 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday