Mountain lion sighted Tuesday night in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted in Woodside Tuesday night in the hills above Interstate Highway 280, emergency officials said.
The big cat was seen at about 8:20 p.m. in the vicinity of Albion Avenue and Olive Hill Lane.
Residents are advised not to approach mountain lions, and should avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk, and night, hen the animals are most active.
If a mountain lion is encountered, emergency officials advise residents to try to appear large and make noise.
More information about mountain lions can be found at www.keepmewild.org.
animal, mountain lion sighting, woodside, peninsula news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event 54 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 14 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos