Surfer seriously injured at Half Moon Bay
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. (KGO) -- A surfer was seriously injured at the Mavericks surfing spot in Half Moon Bay Saturday morning.
A passerby found the 30-year-old man face down in the water after he apparently wiped out on a wave. The man was not breathing, but good Samaritans brought him to shore and turned him on his side to drain water from his airway.
Emergency crews revived the man with CPR. He is now in serious condition at Stanford Hospital.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos