Surfer seriously injured at Half Moon Bay
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. (KGO) -- A surfer was seriously injured at the Mavericks surfing spot in Half Moon Bay Saturday morning.
A passerby found the 30-year-old man face down in the water after he apparently wiped out on a wave. The man was not breathing, but good Samaritans brought him to shore and turned him on his side to drain water from his airway.
Emergency crews revived the man with CPR. He is now in serious condition at Stanford Hospital.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos