Couple arrested for DUI with children in car
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A married San Carlos couple is accused of drinking and driving with four young children in their minivan.
54-year old James Arthur Lee and 43-year old Wendy Maureen Lee are in custody on felony charges. A deputy who pulled the minivan over Jan. 22 said he found 14 empty beer cans, an empty bottle of rum and the husband could barely stand up.
Investigators say the mother and father had pulled over twice, so they could guzzle down more beer, and a witness says the driver blew through a stop sign and almost hit another car.
James Lee also had a restraining order prohibiting contact with his wife, and he was driving on a suspended license from a previous DUI conviction.
DUI, san carlos, peninsula news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation 39 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- VIRAL VIDEO: Little girl donates hair to... 9 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 6 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 27 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 28 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
28 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
39 min ago