Couple arrested for DUI with children in car
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A married San Carlos couple is accused of drinking and driving with four young children in their minivan.
54-year old James Arthur Lee and 43-year old Wendy Maureen Lee are in custody on felony charges. A deputy who pulled the minivan over Jan. 22 said he found 14 empty beer cans, an empty bottle of rum and the husband could barely stand up.
Investigators say the mother and father had pulled over twice, so they could guzzle down more beer, and a witness says the driver blew through a stop sign and almost hit another car.
James Lee also had a restraining order prohibiting contact with his wife, and he was driving on a suspended license from a previous DUI conviction.
DUI, san carlos, peninsula news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore 8 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
19 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
34 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos