Couple arrested for DUI with children in car
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A married San Carlos couple is accused of drinking and driving with four young children in their minivan.
54-year old James Arthur Lee and 43-year old Wendy Maureen Lee are in custody on felony charges. A deputy who pulled the minivan over Jan. 22 said he found 14 empty beer cans, an empty bottle of rum and the husband could barely stand up.
Investigators say the mother and father had pulled over twice, so they could guzzle down more beer, and a witness says the driver blew through a stop sign and almost hit another car.
James Lee also had a restraining order prohibiting contact with his wife, and he was driving on a suspended license from a previous DUI conviction.
DUI, san carlos, peninsula news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Broadband in schools gets boost from tech gurus
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday