Pedestrian killed on I-280 near Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol, Daly City police and San Francisco police are investigating a pedestrian fatality on southbound Interstate Highway 280 Sunday morning, an officer said.
A vehicle or multiple vehicles struck the pedestrian while walking on the roadway at about 5:45 a.m., CHP Officer Eric Anderson said.
The coroner was notified at about 6:10 a.m. and pronounced the pedestrian dead on the scene, Anderson said.
I-280 southbound just north of San Pedro Road was closed during the investigation, but the road is open. ABC7 contributed to this story
I-280, daly city, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped 56 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 47 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 49 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting 10 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos