Pedestrian killed on I-280 near Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol is trying to identify a motorist who fled the scene of a fatal collision on Interstate Highway 280 in Daly City on Sunday morning, an officer said.
The CHP was alerted that a man was walking along the shoulder of southbound Highway 280 just south of John Daly Boulevard at about 5:50 a.m., CHP Officer Shawn Chase said.
The victim, later identified as 53-year-old Walter Barrett, of Oakland, apparently tried to walk across the highway and was struck by a gray 2009 Toyota Corolla.
Barrett crashed through the windshield of the Toyota and died from his injuries, Chase said.
The driver of the Toyota drove away afterward and had not been located as of this morning, Chase said.
Anyone who might have witnessed the collision or has information about the driver is asked to contact CHP Officer Cathy Bowling at (415) 557-1094.
I-280, daly city, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday