Mountain lion spotted in Woodside hills
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted Sunday morning in the hills above Interstate Highway 280 in San Mateo County, emergency officials said.
The cat was seen by a newspaper delivery person at about 4:35 a.m. near the 100 block of Marva Oaks Drive in Woodside.
Residents are advised not to approach mountain lions, and to avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk and night, when the animals are most active.
In the case of a mountain lion encounter, emergency officials advise residents to try to appear large and make noise.
More information can be found at www.keepmewild.org.
animal, woodside, mountain lion sighting, san mateo county, peninsula news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 39 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday