Mountain lion spotted near Hwy. 84 in Woodside
PORTOLA VALLEY, Calif. -- A mountain lion was seen roaming near state Highway 84 in Woodside Wednesday morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The cat was spotted in the vicinity of Whiskey Hill Road at about 2:45 a.m.
The county office of emergency services recommends that residents keep a close watch on small children and avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk or night, when mountain lions are most active.
For more information on mountain lions, visit the California Department of Fish and Game's website at www.keepmewild.org.
mountain lion sighting, san mateo county, portola valley, animal, peninsula news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday