Mountain lion spotted near Hwy. 84 in Woodside
PORTOLA VALLEY, Calif. -- A mountain lion was seen roaming near state Highway 84 in Woodside Wednesday morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The cat was spotted in the vicinity of Whiskey Hill Road at about 2:45 a.m.
The county office of emergency services recommends that residents keep a close watch on small children and avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk or night, when mountain lions are most active.
For more information on mountain lions, visit the California Department of Fish and Game's website at www.keepmewild.org.
mountain lion sighting, san mateo county, portola valley, animal, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 31 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 29 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos