San Carlos to decide on cut to firefighters salaries
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- Tonight, the San Carlos City Council will decide whether to cut salaries for firefighters when the city begins contracting out fire services.
The plan approved last month calls for San Carlos and Redwood City to create a new combined fire department. Redwood City would provide managers with San Carlos firefighters being folded into the department. But the San Jose Mercury News reports that city staff is recommending cutting firefighters pay by five percent to bring the city's pay scale more in-line with other nearby cities.
The staff is also recommending reducing pension benefits, vacation and writing new work rules to reduce overtime.
san carlos, fire, peninsula news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 36 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 52 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 31 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 53 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 32 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
31 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos