San Carlos boy in finals of National Geographic Bee
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- San Carlos has a competitor today in the finals of the National Geographic Bee.
Tuvya Bergson-Michelson made it into the contest by winning the California state geographic bee Tuesday. The fourth grader at the Nueva School in Hillsborough aced the preliminary round in nationals in Washington D.C. and today he's one of top 10 finalists going for the crown.
The winner receives a $25,000 college scholarship and a trip to the Galapagos Islands.
san carlos, peninsula news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 7 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday