Man who placed baby in oven begins trial
A Daly City father faces charges of burning his young son in an oven.
The trial for Gregory Colver, 20, began earlier this week with prosecutors alleging that the man accidentally dropped his 17-month-old son into an oven while trying to teach him a lesson.
Prosecutors allege Colver's son was banging his hand on the hot oven door, so Colver decided to teach him a lesson by placing him in the oven.
The infant suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Colver faces nine years in prison if convicted.
daly city, crime, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 50 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
50 min ago