Man who placed baby in oven begins trial
A Daly City father faces charges of burning his young son in an oven.
The trial for Gregory Colver, 20, began earlier this week with prosecutors alleging that the man accidentally dropped his 17-month-old son into an oven while trying to teach him a lesson.
Prosecutors allege Colver's son was banging his hand on the hot oven door, so Colver decided to teach him a lesson by placing him in the oven.
The infant suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Colver faces nine years in prison if convicted.
daly city, crime, peninsula news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body