Mountain lion spotted in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted early this morning in Woodside, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The sighting was reported at 5:40 a.m. near the 300 block of Whiskey Hill Road.
Mountain lions typically do not approach humans, but county officials advise residents to avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk and at night when the cats are most active.
In the event of a mountain lion encounter, wildlife officials recommend facing the animal, making noise, throwing rocks or other objects and trying to appear as large as possible.
mountain lion sighting, woodside, san mateo county, peninsula news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 5 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 48 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos