Another mountain lion spotted in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was seen early Tuesday morning in Woodside, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The cat was spotted at about 3:50 a.m. in the area of the 300 block of Highland Terrace.
Another mountain lion sighting was reported early Monday morning in the 300 block of Whiskey Hill Road, also in Woodside.
Residents are advised to keep an eye on small children and avoid hiking or jogging at dawn, dusk or night when mountain lions are most active.
Anyone who encounters a mountain lion should pick up children, face the animal, make noise, and try to look bigger by waving arms and throwing rocks, emergency officials said.
More information about mountain lions is available at www.keepmewild.org.
mountain lion sighting, woodside, san mateo county, animal, peninsula news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 47 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 25 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
16 min ago