Fire at Skyline Elementary School in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- An investigation into a one-alarm fire that started at Skyline Elementary School in Daly City on Sunday night is underway, according to the North County Fire Authority.
Firefighters responded to the blaze, which started in a portable classroom at 55 Christen Ave., around 10:30 p.m., fire officials said.
Using hose lines, crews were able to contain the flames to the building and extinguish the fire. Firefighters worked on the scene until about midnight completing overhaul, fire officials said.
No one was injured in the fire, but its cause and the estimated damage to the school has not yet been determined.
daly city, fire, peninsula news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 3 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 8 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
3 min ago
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
8 min ago