Fire at Skyline Elementary School in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- An investigation into a one-alarm fire that started at Skyline Elementary School in Daly City on Sunday night is underway, according to the North County Fire Authority.
Firefighters responded to the blaze, which started in a portable classroom at 55 Christen Ave., around 10:30 p.m., fire officials said.
Using hose lines, crews were able to contain the flames to the building and extinguish the fire. Firefighters worked on the scene until about midnight completing overhaul, fire officials said.
No one was injured in the fire, but its cause and the estimated damage to the school has not yet been determined.
daly city, fire, peninsula news
- Man implaed, killed after metal pipe crashes through windshield 10 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 34 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO 9 min ago
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feintsein's vote 14 min ago
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area 29 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Stray pony found wandering Richmond's Iron Triangle 51 min ago
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 54 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
42 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos