NAACP to picket at SFO over saggy pants incident
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KGO) -- The San Francisco NAACP plans to picket U.S. Airways at San Francisco International Airport this afternoon over the saggy pants incident.
DeShon Marman was kicked off a flight for not pulling up his baggy pants. He was arrested for refusing a captain's order to leave the plane, but the San Mateo County district attorney's office decided not to file charges.
The NAACP wants a meeting with US Airways to get a much clearer dress code policy. The airline has said its biggest problem with the incident was Marman's refusal to follow the crews' orders.
US Airways has not returned calls from ABC7 News about today's protest.
crime, NAACP, san francisco international airport, fashion, peninsula news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 51 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 46 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body