NAACP to picket at SFO over saggy pants incident
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KGO) -- The San Francisco NAACP plans to picket U.S. Airways at San Francisco International Airport this afternoon over the saggy pants incident.
DeShon Marman was kicked off a flight for not pulling up his baggy pants. He was arrested for refusing a captain's order to leave the plane, but the San Mateo County district attorney's office decided not to file charges.
The NAACP wants a meeting with US Airways to get a much clearer dress code policy. The airline has said its biggest problem with the incident was Marman's refusal to follow the crews' orders.
US Airways has not returned calls from ABC7 News about today's protest.
crime, NAACP, san francisco international airport, fashion, peninsula news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 1 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 22 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 14 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 33 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 5 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 45 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
58 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
14 min ago