Coast Guard searches for female wind surfer
FOSTER CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The search continues at this hour for a missing windsurfer who vanished in the water near Foster City.
The 62-year-old unidentified woman was last seen about 400-yards off shore near the area known as Windsurf Park, in the Coyote Point area of San Mateo County.
Her husband says she was due back from windsurfing at 5:30 p.m. Monday night. The U.S. Coast Guard joined rescue crews from San Mateo, San Leandro Fire, and Foster City in the search. They say she is an experience wind surfer.
"Of course she does have a wet suit so that's positive. she does have a board that is something that she can float on and hopefully stay out of the water. We're trying hard. We're doing everything we can," said Foster City Batt. Chief Nick Weber.
As night fell, the Coast Guard took over the search and still has rescue boats out on the water.
coast guard, missing person, foster city, peninsula news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash 13 min ago
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations 45 min ago
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday