Coast Guard searches for female wind surfer
FOSTER CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The search continues at this hour for a missing windsurfer who vanished in the water near Foster City.
The 62-year-old unidentified woman was last seen about 400-yards off shore near the area known as Windsurf Park, in the Coyote Point area of San Mateo County.
Her husband says she was due back from windsurfing at 5:30 p.m. Monday night. The U.S. Coast Guard joined rescue crews from San Mateo, San Leandro Fire, and Foster City in the search. They say she is an experience wind surfer.
"Of course she does have a wet suit so that's positive. she does have a board that is something that she can float on and hopefully stay out of the water. We're trying hard. We're doing everything we can," said Foster City Batt. Chief Nick Weber.
As night fell, the Coast Guard took over the search and still has rescue boats out on the water.
coast guard, missing person, foster city, peninsula news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 37 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 53 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos