Devil's Slide project now a year behind
The Devil's Slide tunnel project is now at least a year behind schedule. Caltrans says crews working on the two tunnels at Devil's Slide have encountered soil movement which requires extra reinforcement work.
That will push the completion date to at least the end of 2012. It also will push up the cost of the $350 million project.
Caltrans was hoping to have the tunnels completed by the end of this year. Work began in 2007.
devil's slide, peninsula news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 43 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 40 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos