Civic leaders attend Peninsula hospital groundbreaking
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Kaiser-Permanente celebrated the ceremonial groundbreaking of a new hospital on the Peninsula Friday.
Local civic leaders joined Kaiser at the site of a new hospital on Veterans Boulevard in Redwood City. Construction began next to the existing medical center several months ago. Kaiser expects the new building to open in late 2014.
The new hospital will feature private rooms for all patients and include the latest technology.
kaiser permanente, redwood city, peninsula news
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 15 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed