Civic leaders attend Peninsula hospital groundbreaking
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Kaiser-Permanente celebrated the ceremonial groundbreaking of a new hospital on the Peninsula Friday.
Local civic leaders joined Kaiser at the site of a new hospital on Veterans Boulevard in Redwood City. Construction began next to the existing medical center several months ago. Kaiser expects the new building to open in late 2014.
The new hospital will feature private rooms for all patients and include the latest technology.
kaiser permanente, redwood city, peninsula news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case