San Carlos video game store robbed
SAN CARLOS, Calif. -- The San Mateo County Sheriff's Office is looking for a suspect involved in an armed robbery at a San Carlos video game store Friday night, sheriff's officials said.
Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to 1135 Industrial Road around 8:40 p.m. when a GameStop clerk reported someone had entered the store, brandished a firearm and demanded money and merchandise, according to the sheriff's office.
The suspect left the store on foot in an unknown direction. An extensive search for the suspect did not locate him, sheriff's officials said.
The suspect is described as a black man, around 25 years old, roughly 5 foot 8 inches tall, 220 pounds with a stocky build and wearing a dark jacket, blue jeans, white athletic shoes, a white baseball hat and a white bandana over his face.
Sheriff's officials said he had a silver revolver handgun with wooden grips.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Sgt. Gibbons at (650) 363-4063 or call an anonymous tip line at (800) 547-2700.
crime, san carlos, peninsula news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 55 min ago
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos