Woman arrested after stabbing pet lizard
SAN CARLOS, Calif. -- Deputies arrested a San Carlos woman who allegedly stabbed a bearded dragon during an argument with the pet's owner early Saturday morning, according to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
After receiving a report of a domestic dispute, deputies responded to the 1000 block of Crestview Drive around 3:40 a.m. They found a man, who told deputies that 37-year-old Shawna Kim Apour stabbed his pet lizard during a fight, Lt. Ray Lunny said.
The two had a prior relationship, but they were not married, he said. The victim, who was not injured, told deputies Apour had left the home on foot.
Deputies were able to find Apour a short distance from the house, but when they approached her, she brandished a knife, Lunny said. She refused to put down the weapon and threatened deputies, who used a stun gun to disarm her, he said.
Apour was booked into San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of domestic violence, cruelty to animals, vandalism and brandishing a weapon.
The 14-year-old bearded dragon was taken to a veterinarian, where it received stitches and is expected to survive, Lunny said.
On Tuesday, deputies responded to a call of a suspicious person walking through traffic around 6:50 p.m. Apour, who had been released on bail, was found walking on the railroad tracks near the San Carlos train station, he said.
Apour allegedly became aggressive when approached and attempted to remove a deputy's weapon and stun gun, Lunny said. After additional units arrived, she was arrested on suspicion of attempting to disarm a deputy, trespassing, resisting arrest and committing a felony while out on bail.
animal, animals in peril, san carlos, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 10 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 59 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 1 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos