Elephants walk streets of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was a most unusual sight on the streets of San Francisco early Tuesday morning. Eight Asian elephants stepped off the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus train on their way to the Cow Palace in Daly City. The animals are part of a new circus production called "Fully Charged."
Ringling Brothers has been repeatedly hit with accusations that the animals are abused -- a charge they have denied.
Performances of the new show begin Wednesday at the Cow Palace.
daly city, animal, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe 29 min ago
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 57 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
25 min ago