Elephants walk streets of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was a most unusual sight on the streets of San Francisco early Tuesday morning. Eight Asian elephants stepped off the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus train on their way to the Cow Palace in Daly City. The animals are part of a new circus production called "Fully Charged."
Ringling Brothers has been repeatedly hit with accusations that the animals are abused -- a charge they have denied.
Performances of the new show begin Wednesday at the Cow Palace.
daly city, animal, peninsula news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 39 min ago
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram 38 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead 57 min ago
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
39 min ago