Elephants walk streets of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was a most unusual sight on the streets of San Francisco early Tuesday morning. Eight Asian elephants stepped off the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus train on their way to the Cow Palace in Daly City. The animals are part of a new circus production called "Fully Charged."
Ringling Brothers has been repeatedly hit with accusations that the animals are abused -- a charge they have denied.
Performances of the new show begin Wednesday at the Cow Palace.
daly city, animal, peninsula news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 54 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 36 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos