Widow speaks out after Menlo Park chem explosion
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The widow of the man killed in a Menlo Park laboratory explosion says he died because "a stupid gas system would not work."
The blast happened Friday at the Membrane Technology a nd Research Company in Menlo Park. Adrian Martin, 56, of San Jose went into cardiac arrest after he was pulled from the building.
Fire officials say Martin was transferring a mixture of gases from one cylindar to another when the blast happened.
The building is currently red-tagged. Cal OSHA will continue its investigation on Tuesday.
explosion, menlo park, hazmat, peninsula news
- Malaysia Airlines plane hijacked, steered off-course
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos