Widow speaks out after Menlo Park chem explosion
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The widow of the man killed in a Menlo Park laboratory explosion says he died because "a stupid gas system would not work."
The blast happened Friday at the Membrane Technology a nd Research Company in Menlo Park. Adrian Martin, 56, of San Jose went into cardiac arrest after he was pulled from the building.
Fire officials say Martin was transferring a mixture of gases from one cylindar to another when the blast happened.
The building is currently red-tagged. Cal OSHA will continue its investigation on Tuesday.
explosion, menlo park, hazmat, peninsula news
- Fatal crash closes WB I-580 lanes in Livermore 42 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase 44 min ago
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 12 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 20 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
12 min ago
- Inside look at SF Ballet's 'Nutcracker'
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos