Daly City woman killed in hit-and-run crash
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- A Daly City woman was killed in a collision on southbound U.S. Highway 101 this morning in Menlo Park, and the California Highway Patrol is searching for a pickup truck that fled the scene.
The crash occurred around 5:30 a.m., when a red Honda civic was rear-ended by a 1960s or 1970s model pickup truck, according to CHP Public Information Officer Art Montiel.
The Honda and was struck a second time by a taxicab. The Honda sustained severe damage and the driver was killed. The San Mateo County coroner's office has identified the driver as Jacqueline Thompson, 37, of Daly City.
The pickup truck fled the scene. It was described as an older model Ford, tan or rust in color, with significant front-end damage.
The crash blocked southbound 101 for nearly three hours.
Anyone with information on this crash or the suspect vehicle should call 911.
daly city, menlo park, crash, hit and run, peninsula news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
41 min ago