Motorcyclist killed by driver fleeing from police
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A motorcyclist died this morning in East Palo Alto after being struck by a car whose driver was fleeing from police.
East Palo Alto acting police Capt. Jeff Liu said that at about 5:25 a.m., police learned of a suspicious vehicle that didn't have its lights on.
An officer tried to pull the car over but the driver accelerated away and drove the wrong way on University Avenue, he said.
A short time later, the car struck the motorcyclist near University Avenue and Bay Road, Liu said.
Several people were detained for questioning after the crash.
Liu said police would be releasing more details about the incident later this morning.
east palo alto, peninsula news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated 32 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium 34 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- Pope Francis named TIME's Person of the Year
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday