Motorcyclist killed by driver fleeing from police
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A motorcyclist died this morning in East Palo Alto after being struck by a car whose driver was fleeing from police.
East Palo Alto acting police Capt. Jeff Liu said that at about 5:25 a.m., police learned of a suspicious vehicle that didn't have its lights on.
An officer tried to pull the car over but the driver accelerated away and drove the wrong way on University Avenue, he said.
A short time later, the car struck the motorcyclist near University Avenue and Bay Road, Liu said.
Several people were detained for questioning after the crash.
Liu said police would be releasing more details about the incident later this morning.
east palo alto, peninsula news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 36 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 17 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 6 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
36 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos