Body found by car in parking lot of mall in Daly City
DALY CITY, Calif. -- A man was found dead of a gunshot wound in the parking lot of the Serramonte Center mall in Daly City Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.
Police responded to reports of a person lying on the ground next to a vehicle in the west side of the parking lot at about 9:50 a.m., police Sgt. Mike Barton said.
They found a man dead of a gunshot wound near a white compact car, with a firearm lying near his feet, Barton said.
Police are investigating the death, including the possibility that the gunshot wound was self-inflicted, he said.
Serramonte Center general manager Jennifer Duarte said the mall was open for business this afternoon.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends," Duarte said.
daly city, crime, peninsula news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall 14 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos