Cutbacks to take effect for Pacifica police
PACIFICA, Calif. (KGO) -- Cutbacks take effect today for the Pacifica police department. Six Pacifica police department jobs are being eliminated as the agency outsources its 911 dispatching duties to the South San Francisco police department.
Also starting today the police headquarters building will only be open to the public on weekdays from 8:30 in the morning until 5:00 in the afternoon -- except on Wednesdays when it will stay open until 7:30 in the evening.
pacifica, peninsula news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 4 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 1 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos