1,700-pound pumpkin wins Half Moon Bay weigh-off
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- A winner has been announced after a morning-long pumpkin weigh-off at the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival.
Leonardo Urena, of Napa, grew a 1,704-pound pumpkin, festival spokesman Tim Beeman said.
Urena will receive a $6-per-pound prize for his pumpkin, totaling $10,224 in prize money, plus a $1,000 prize for having grown the heaviest pumpkin in the state of California, Beeman said.
The giant pumpkin will be on display with the four other heaviest pumpkins this weekend at the 41st annual Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin Festival.
half moon bay, safeway, peninsula news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 25 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos