Barricades to come down around San Bruno neighborhood
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- In San Bruno, residents there will mark another milestone this week, following last year's deadly pipeline explosion.
The barricades placed around the Crestmoor neighborhood are scheduled to come down Wednesday.
It's the latest step on the road to re-building the devastated community.
Just last month, residents and the city's mayor filled the gaping crater that marked the spot where the pipeline blew up, killing eight people and destroying 38 homes.
san bruno, PG&E, peninsula news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday