Mountain lion spotted near highway in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted near Interstate Highway 280 in Woodside this morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The sighting was reported at 7:39 a.m. near Canada and Runnymede roads.
Mountain lions tend to avoid humans, but as a precaution residents are advised not to hike or jog at dawn, dusk or night when the cats are most active.
More information on mountain lions is available at www.keepmewild.org.
mountain lion sighting, woodside, animal, peninsula news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 12 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 51 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
51 min ago