Mountain lion spotted near highway in Woodside
WOODSIDE, Calif. -- A mountain lion was spotted near Interstate Highway 280 in Woodside this morning, San Mateo County emergency officials said.
The sighting was reported at 7:39 a.m. near Canada and Runnymede roads.
Mountain lions tend to avoid humans, but as a precaution residents are advised not to hike or jog at dawn, dusk or night when the cats are most active.
More information on mountain lions is available at www.keepmewild.org.
mountain lion sighting, woodside, animal, peninsula news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday