Driver who hit, killed child in crosswalk blames sun
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The teacher who hit and killed an 8-year-old East Palo Alto girl last month blames the sun.
Palo Alto Police say the teacher told them she was blinded by the morning sun and didn't see Siorelli Torres Zamora in the crosswalk on September 28.
The accident happened at the intersection of Bay Road and Gloria Way.
Another driver who hit a boy at the same intersection around the same time earlier this year also blamed the sun.
east palo alto, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 35 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 19 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos