Driver who hit, killed child in crosswalk blames sun
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The teacher who hit and killed an 8-year-old East Palo Alto girl last month blames the sun.
Palo Alto Police say the teacher told them she was blinded by the morning sun and didn't see Siorelli Torres Zamora in the crosswalk on September 28.
The accident happened at the intersection of Bay Road and Gloria Way.
Another driver who hit a boy at the same intersection around the same time earlier this year also blamed the sun.
east palo alto, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 22 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement 38 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 32 min ago
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set 31 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos