Two injured in early morning shooting in Burlingame
BURLINGAME, Calif. -- Two men were wounded in a shooting in Burlingame early this morning, according to police.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired near Airport Boulevard and Lang Road in the city's eastside business district at about 1:40 a.m., according to Burlingame police.
Arriving officers found two wounded men. A 24-year-old Oakland man had been shot in the jaw and a 25-year-old Tracy man was shot in the chest. Both victims were taken to San Francisco General Hospital and both were expected to survive their injuries.
A preliminary investigation reveled the two men were part of a larger group of people that had been drinking in the area prior to the shooting, police said.
No suspects have been arrested or identified, police said.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact Burlingame Police Department at (650) 777-4100.
shooting, burlingame, peninsula news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 37 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 58 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos